We will be happy to answer your questions on the contacts listed below.
+421 46/16 186
Village lies at the northern tip of Upper Nitra Basin, on southern slopes of Malá Fatra. It was founded by German colonists along the river Nitra and the stream Tmavá in the area known as Hauerland. Thanks to German origin of the inhabitants the influence of St. Gál has spread out. They consecrated the local church to him and on the day celebrated as his day (16th October), they began to celebrate feast festivities. This custom persists even after the church has been consecrated to St. Nicholas. Nowadays it serves as a beautiful landmark of the village alongside the Late-Baroque Marian column and Classicist Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows which was built by local native Juraj Páleš (Georg Palesch, 1753 – 1833), a priest, an Abbot, a pedagogue and an Enlightener. In the vicinity of the village are perfect conditions for summer and winter hiking and also horse riding. Source of River Nitra lies in the municipality of the village.